Review: A Touch of Crimson by Sylvia Day.

on dinsdag 4 februari 2014
Photo: Private
Adrian Mitchell is a powerful angel leading an elite Special Ops unit of Seraphim. His task is to punish the Fallen--angels who have become vampires--and command a restless pack of indentured lycans. But Adrian has suffered his own punishment for becoming involved with mortals--losing the woman he loves again and again. Now, after nearly two hundred years, he has found her--Shadoe--her soul once more inhabiting a new body, with no memory of him. And this time, he won't let her go...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me start off with a warning for those who aren't fond of novels that have pretty graphic sexuel incounters, this book wont be one for you!

Now we got that out of the way lets get to the review. I received this book as a late christmas present, it has been on my to want list for quite a while seeing as I really connected with the way Sylvia Day writes her books. Her Crossfire books I finished in a mere three days. But as far as I know, most of her books might be very graphic with sexuel encounters, but yeah I admit I am one of those girls that doesn't mind a bit of smut now and then hahaha.

When reading the back you know its a supernatural kind of novel, so you got your Angels, Vampires, Lycans. One of the first pages even has a list with creatures described in the book. I first was kind of confused, how am I gonna be able to keep all that memorized. I just started reading, re-reading a few pages to wrap my mind around it but you go into it fairly easily.

The story itself is an epic supernatural love story. I fell in love with the woman in the book Lindsay, she is strong and one of those women that will kick your ass if she needs to a bit of a heroine in my opinion. At least she is kicking Vampire butts like a Badass and that I love! Adrian is just a drop dead hot guy, at least how i find him to be in my mind haha. One other character that stood out was Elijah he is a Lycan with a bit of issues but a true friend and protector a really warm char.

What takes getting used to is that even in one chapter you switch from point of views, from Adrian to Lindsay to Elijah and others. Also all these terms that come with each of the groups can get you a bit unsettled to, its all abut stomping the terms in your mind to not think to long about them when you come across them.

But at the end of the book I just wanted more, more of this story, more of the war unfolding, the love. Its a book that gets you to keep thinking, who is the bad guy? What is really wrong or right, you don't know and that is what makes it interesting.

So basically if you want a new kind of supernatural novel and arent afraid of a bit of very graphic sex, than this is your kind of book. I already have the second book on my wishlist and once i have that and finished it you will read it here. Let me know what you think about it and if you want to go read this!

Xoxo Annelie

3 reacties:

Unknown zei

From what I heard about it from you I'm kind of curious to give this book a go at some point ^^

Unknown zei

Sylvia's a wonderful author and I'm very anxious to read this one!

Unknown zei

Sounds good! I'll put it on my 'to read'-list! :)

Een reactie posten