Review: The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

on dinsdag 28 januari 2014
Photo: Private
Charlie is a freshman. And while he's not the biggest geek in the school, he is by no means popular. Shy, introspective, intelligent beyond his years yet socially awkward, he is a wallflower, caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it. Charlie is attempting to navigate his way through uncharted territory: the world of first dates and mixed tapes, family dramas and new friends; the world of sex, drugs, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, when all one requires is that perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite. But Charlie can't stay on the sideline forever. Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read this book after seeing the movie and for me it didn't change the fact how I looked at it or enjoyed it. Every Time somebody asks me why did you liked this book and what is so good about it, I just blank and don't have an answer. Its not a book you go like wow this was amazing, no its the book that sort of left you speechless. At least I was speechless. 
What I really liked was that if felt like you were Charlie his pen pal and you were a silent force listening to his stories, he felt like my friend. The fact you read this book in letters wasn't new to me seeing as the book Dracula by Bram Stoker has the same kind of feel to it, with letters.

Normally I can type out so much about a book and tell you how i enjoyed it but like I stated before it left me speechless. So yes, wanna feel speechless and like you just earned another friend go read this book and sure do tell me how you thought of it.

Xoxo Annelie

1 reacties:

Nieke zei

I do really love this book! Think I read it around 2 years ago but it's still quite set to my mind. It made me cry, laugh and feel for Charlie. Would love to read it again sometime. :)

Een reactie posten