Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

on vrijdag 22 november 2013
Photo: Private
She turns to face the future in a world that’s falling apart.
For sixteen-year-old Tris, the world changes in a heartbeat when she is forced to make a terrible choice. Turning her back on her family, Tris ventures out, alone, determined to find out where she truly belongs.
Shocked by the brutality of her new life, Tris can trust no one. And yet she is drawn to a boy who seems to both threaten and protect her. The hardest choices may yet lie ahead..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To start things off I will start with this book, it has captured my attention from page one and kept it there until I finished it in one go. One day it took me and that says something to me about a book.

So yes Divergent by Veronica Roth. I had quite a while in wich no book could capture my attention or even when I started one it couldnt hold my attention. Just two days ago I finished 2 books and it reminded me again on why I loved to read. 

I heard a lot about this book, people loved it and they even made a movie about it. (wich YA book hasnt been turned into a movie.., getting old haha) But since I hate seeing a movie before I read the book I picked this one up. Starting on page one it captured my attention directly, this is fresh, new. Something different from what I have read in quite a while. No magic, no vampires, no fallen angels, it was something that can some what relate to The Hunger Games, in my opinion, more the subject of a country/city divided.

We follow Tris around the book, her toughts, her feelings, her actions. What I really liked about the book is that it almost gives you a day to day recap and it doesnt get boring. 
Soon you know that Tris is different from everybody in Abnegation, she isnt selfless and really wants to do things, know things. like every human being right.

We get to read of Tris going through the aptitude test we find out she is divergent, then on Choosing Day she picks Dauntless as her new faction. We still dont know why being Divergent is so dangerous.
I am not going to describe the whole initation of the Dauntless but it kept drawing me in, whats going to happen, what do they need to do if they refuse. It keeps your eyes glued to the pages, keeps you going.

I find Tris an intresting charachter who develops and shows so much of what she is capable off, she tends to be humble but will still kick your ass and be a total bad ass in my opinion. 
We also meet Four who first seems to be this stuck up jerk who can bother less, but we find out during the course of the book who he really is, to me he seems like this misunderstood person who hides behind this mask to not show who he is as a person. But four does let his true colours shine when is with Tris, wich I love.

Then at the end your just baffled by what humans are capable off, like it is a need in some of us to have war and get rid of others. I didnt really liked that part, I found it cruel and mindblowing in a bad way. 
I wont spoil to much for those who havent read it yet but yeah, I was happy with the ending and cant wait to get my hands on Insurgent. 

I loved this book and thats something I havent really had in a long time. Especially picking up as a new book a new series. No, I recommend you go read it and love it.

Xoxo Annelie


0 reacties:

Een reactie posten